Intrahealth is entrusted with internal and external confidential information. Our commitment to excellence in the safe and secure management of private and confidential information is part of our workplace culture.
This policy sets out a common understanding of the appropriate conduct with respect to how confidential and sensitive information is to be treated.
Intrahealth operates in three countries (Canada, Australia and New Zealand), which have distinctly different privacy legislation that apply to Intrahealth's operations. Intrahealth will adhere to the privacy legislation in the jurisdiction that it operates.
The key principles of the various privacy legislation applicable to Intrahealth's operations are:
- Collection: Personal information may only be collected with knowledge and consent of the individual, with exceptions as specified by law.
- Use: An individual has the right to know how and why their personal information is being used.
- Disclosure: Sharing personal information is only permitted with consent unless otherwise required by law.
- Protection: Organisations which collect personal information must secure it against unauthorized access. An individual has the right to know who is responsible for protecting their personal information.
- Correction: An individual has the right to request correction of their personal information.
How does Intrahealth collect your information?
Intrahealth collects information from you in three ways: (1) directly from you, (2) from Intrahealth web server logs, and (3) cookies.
Information that you give us: we obtain information about you when you use the Intrahealth Services, when you contact us about products and services, when send us a message, when you contact support or when you choose (opt-in) to subscribe to our blog, newsletter, or event notification emails. In these cases, you decide what and how much information you want to share.
Intrahealth Web Server Logs: an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Intrahealth collects IP addresses in order to conduct system administration and site analysis, to improve functionality and usage of the Intrahealth Website.
What information is Intrahealth collecting?
The information we collect might include:
Any information you provide us in providing Intrahealth Services
First and last name
Browser type and version
Data about the equipment used to visit the Intrahealth Website
Patterns of searching and browsing on the Intrahealth Website
How does Intrahealth use your information?
We may use your information:
- to resolve product issues
- for assisting you with training and product configuration
- to improve the functionality and usage of the Intrahealth Website
- to facilitate Intrahealth’s own marketing, promotional, and informational purposes
- to track the popularity of features on the Intrahealth Website and to guide the development of new ones
- to identify the types of devices our visitors use so that we can improve and optimize our systems
Will Intrahealth share your information?
We will never sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others.
In addition, we may share Intrahealth Website usage information with these service providers, who are responsible for hosting the data, to identify trends and determine market focus. Information obtained through these processes may be combined with Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, address and phone number) in order to analyze our marketing efforts. We will only share Personally Identifiable Information with third party vendors, consultants, agents, partners, and other service providers with whom we contract to help us provide or improve Intrahealth services.
Choice / Opt-In
Automated communication is restricted to only information you have requested, such as reminders for an upcoming event or webinar, or delivery of a white paper or case study. Should you desire more regular communication from Intrahealth, you can elect to subscribe to our blog, newsletter, or event notification emails. All of these features also include an opt-out function, so you can unsubscribe at any time.
How does Intrahealth protect your information?
The security of your information and data while using Intrahealth Services or our Website is very important to us. We implement appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the Intrahealth Website.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Intrahealth website and its users is encrypted and protected through an SSL secured communication channel. Intrahealth keeps up to date with the latest encryption protocols, and does not support outdated and vulnerable protocols.
The Intrahealth Website may contain links to third-party websites. These websites are governed by their own respective privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites to understand their data and information collection, as well as use practices.